"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, November 11, 2011

5 Minute Friday!

On Fridays around these parts we Stop, Drop, and Write!
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication. 

For only five, short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted, unedited. We Just write. Without worrying if it is just right or not.

Won't you join us?






1. Wright for 5 minutes flat- no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. link back there and invite other to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person linked up before you- encouraging them in their writing!

OK, are you ready? Give me your best 5 minutes on 




Unexpected...




Here goes...So,Tuesday morning... well actually the middle of the night...at 0230...I straggle struggle out of bed...I have a TBCRC meeting in Chicago...It is a meeting that lasts from 10:00am until 3:00am and then later that same evening I fly back at 8:00pm and I will arrive home sometime after midnight...so...I drag my lovely self to the airport for a 6:00am flight only to be told that I cannot check in, see an agent (yes, I tried online, same deal)

There is a problem with my ticket...apparently it was issued at one price and booked at another...in order to get on the plane I or someone must pay the difference. Not me, I said...Not me, the agency said...Not us, the airline said...

So I headed back home...missed the breast cancer advocacy meeting, which I took off work for...
But...that meant that I did not miss NCIS:))

A major silver lining...

Oh, whose mistake was it ultimately? The airline! Yep, that's them up there...I still love them...They are, after all, a corporate sponsor and they did refund the money...but had they taken care of it then...they would not be out the money, I would have made the meeting, and not have gotten up at the ungodly hour of 0230 for nothing...
Of course that would have meant missing NCIS...

It's all good...

Oh, BTW, because of my health and the fact that I have time to use, I thought it best to take the days off around that day also...I am still off:))

STOP: Time's up!







4 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed your meeting Miss Kim; but at least you got to see your fav show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Stopped by from DivaCafe!! Love the two ladies with steaming coffee here in the comment area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks you had to miss your conference. You sounds like you had a good attitude about it though. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, for your thoughts...they are greatly appreciate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...