"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Wanderings...

Hi There...I believe that it has been a while, and I must apologize for that...sigh...but, I will move onward...I attended my very first Book Release Party yesterday!
I had a blast! 
As most of you know, I love to read:)


I am actually on Laura's street team, and so when I found out that this event was happening not too far from me, I immediately made plans to be there!
Lara Kaye is a delight, and a great author. She writes books of the Paranormal Romance and Contemporary Romance ilk...
The release party was to celebrate the release of her book, 
West of Want.

Yummy, huh?
Below is the synopsis from Amazon...But that isn't what this post is about...I mean I have been to a book signing before...I stood in an unbelievably long line and said a few words to the authors and got a signature...had some fun with my fellow groupies...but this was different...
We were a small group. Laura's husband and two small daughters were there as well, although in the background...Laura sat at a table up front and the rest of us sat in chairs around the little alcove in the book store...She then proceeded to read a few of her favorite excerpts from her book...what fun...at times she would pause to explain the background, or maybe to tell us how the segment came to her or how the characters spoke to her...it was truly fascinating!
At times Laura would stop for questions...At one point we all got up and she signed for us.

We posed for pictures!

Reading from another of her books...


There she is...Laura Kaye...


A fun shot...we loved Laura's shoes...but you can't see them too well...
After the snacking and signing, we all sat back down and she read some more and we talked some more...we asked her some questions about the process and she explained to us that the characters speak through her...she doesn't work from an outline, she does not know where the story is going when she sits down to write...I am fascinated by this concept. It seems as though the stories are as real to the author as they are to me, the reader. Somehow that is a comfort to me. I feel this way because, as a reader, I know that I become immersed in the story and that I become involved, or invested in the characters, if you will...I think it might hurt a little if I were to learn that the author were not at least as involved as that in the process....I am happy that Laura is...especially as I feel as though I have just a tiny little hand in this...as a member of her team I mean...
Oh, what does that mean? Just that when she asks us to promote her books or an event, we pass it on...Did she ask me to do this? NO, she did not!! This one will be a surprise to her...
Anyway...the Amazon synopsis is below...I should mention that West of Want is the second in a series...the first is a delightful book, called North of Need...you can find that at Amazon also...

Betrayal is all he's ever known, but in her, he'll find a love strong enough to be trusted...

When Marcella Raines' twin brother dies, she honors his request to be buried at sea, never expecting the violent storm that swamps her boat. Though she's gravely injured--and still emotionally damaged from her recent divorce--Ella fights to survive.

Zephyros Martius is the Supreme God of the West Wind and Spring, but being the strongest Anemoi hasn't protected him from betrayal and loss. Worse, he's sure his brother Eurus is behind it. When Zeph's heartbreak whips up a storm that shipwrecks a human, his guilt forces him to save her.

Ella is drawn to the vulnerability Zeph hides beneath his otherworldly masculinity and ancient blue eyes. And her honesty, empathy, and unique, calming influence leave Zeph wanting...everything. When Eurus threatens Ella, she and Zeph struggle to let go of the past, defend their future, and embrace what they most want--a love that can be trusted.

Below is the Amazon link

So that was my fun day yesterday! I really enjoyed the intimacy of the small group and the reading...I had never been a part of that before and I will definitely do that again...although I do believe that the groups will continue to get larger:)






4 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Kim! I had a great time hanging out with you guys and I'm glad you did too! xoxo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura...Tanks for stopping by:) it was a fun afternoon! I hope we can do it again...hint...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like yall had a blast! Thanks for sharing your experience with those of us who couldn't be there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! BTW, I just love the name of your blog! Priceless:) Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...